Alhambra Announces 1,362 km2 of Gravity and Magnetic Surveys and a Remote Sensing Survey September 28, 2011Posted by Editor in Corporate News, mining updates.
Tags: Gold, gold investing, gold mining, gold prices, kazakgold, kazakhstan
add a comment
CALGARY, Alberta – Alhambra Resources Ltd. (TSX Venture: ALH) (“Alhambra” or the “Corporation”), an international gold producer and explorer, announces that the Corporation has initiated geophysical surveys comprised of both gravity and magnetic surveys and a remote sensing survey on its 100% owned, 9,800 km2, Uzboy Project area (“Uzboy Project”) (see Figure 1).
- An initial gravity survey of 1,360 km2 and a 1,070 km2 magnetic survey is being prepared,
- The surveys will be conducted on the southeast part of the license including Dombraly and Shirotnaia,
- Field magnetic measurements will be conducted along a 1.0 by 0.1 kilometre (“km”) grid and the gravity measurements along a 1.0 by 1.0 km grid,
- The interpretation of a satellite imagery remote sensing survey which began in July is in progress,
- The objective of the surveys being conducted is to identify new target areas inside Alhambra’s license area.
Alhambra at 2011 PDAC Convention in Toronto March 30, 2011Posted by Editor in Corporate News, Gold Economics, Investor elations, mining updates.
Tags: Gold, kazakhstan, Mining
add a comment
Earlier this month, Alhambra Resources attended the annual PDAC International Convention, Trade Show & Investors Exchange in Toronto.
With over 27,000 in attendance (a record year according to conference organizers), it was a great forum to network with investors and government representatives from over 50 foreign delegations on Alhambra’s recent developments.
Ihor P. Wasylkiw, Vice President & Chief Information Officer spoke with resourceintelligence.com about exploring and mining in Kazakhstan in a video chat featured below and in an Q&A article.
Two New Zones of High Grade Gold Mineralization Discovered at Shirotnaia – Additional Assays Pending January 6, 2011Posted by Editor in Corporate News, mining updates.
add a comment
CALGARY, Alberta – Alhambra Resources Ltd. (TSX Venture: ALH) (“Alhambra” or the “Corporation”) announces that its diamond drilling program at Shirotnaia has resulted in the discovery of two new zones of higher grade gold mineralization. The Shirotnaia zone (“Shirotnaia”) is located within its 100% owned Uzboy Project in Kazakhstan and is immediately adjacent to the Aksu and Quartzite Hills gold deposits currently being mined by KazakhGold Group Limited (“KazakhGold”).
• Diamond Drill Hole (“DDH”) 100-02 intersected 4.32 grams per tonne (“g/t”) gold over an interval of 36.0 metres (“m”) including a higher grade interval of 16.80 g/t gold over 9.0 m
• DDH 32-02 intersected 2.13 g/t gold over an interval of 20 m • Broad intervals of anomalous gold concentrations (for +0.10 g/t) were intersected in all nine drill holes
The drilling program consisted of nine holes totaling 1,141 m (see image below). The objective of this drilling program was to test the depth extension of the large gold anomaly previously outlined by the 2008 Rotary Air blast (“RAB”) drilling program.
Two significant widths of high grade gold mineralization were encountered within a large area of lower grade goldmineralization, suggesting the probable continuation of the high grades to depth as is usual for this style of mineralization. In fact, previous RAB drilling programs completed in Shirotnaia identified a large gold anomaly and significant gold mineralization with a high peak gold grade of up to 51.6 g/t (see news release dated March 4, 2010).